Work the ground your are on!
In learning about magic it is easy to think that it is elsewhere. That somehow Egypt or Stonehenge or some other extraordinary historical place is required to achieve your goals. Perhaps we only need to wade through 5 more grimoires in ancient Greek to learn the right rituals. It is easy to think we need a temple, altar space, or fancy get up to do it effectively. There is nothing wrong with any of those things. However, they aren’t the only path we might take and certainly are not mandatory.
One off the things I have found over time is that if we work the ground we are on there is little we can’t achieve magically. More to the point there is no need for anything outside of our geography and what we can experience with our senses. Regardless of whether we live in the city or some remote mountain escape magic is everywhere. Plants sprout from the pavement as they do from between rocks by a stream. Spirits drift through all kinds of landscapes. The earth itself is beneath all our feet. Even when we are 20 floors up in a condo.
The practice of working magic from the area in which you live is sometimes called the magic or spirit of place. A term coined by Marcus McCoy. This 8 week course will take bring you in to closer contact with the land on which you live. It will help you connect with the plants, minerals, spirits and land beneath you. Teaching you how to relate to what is around you and work magic through building relationships to the forces in your area.
- Building relationships with the energies around you.
- Finding plant allies and learning to work with them.
- Crafting intentions, petitions, and workings.
- Giving offerings.
- Finding local focal points for you work.
- Connecting to the spirits of your part of the globe.
- Communicating with the earth below your feet.
- Planning and refining your workings.
- Safety and dealing with problems.
- All of this work will be applicable to workings around health, money, love, and personal growth.
This 8 week class has 3 parts. 8 lessons that will be emailed to you weekly starting Monday October 7th. There will be two 1 hour live calls (using Zoom) November 2nd and a date TBD at 11am Eastern time. There will also be a Facebook group for folks to hang out and share their experiences and ask questions.
Who is this for?
- Really it is for anyone. This way of working is very accessible. It requires no prior experience or knowledge.
- You will need at least 2 hour a week to do the work contained in the lesson.
- You must be willing to go outside. It won’t just be centered in your backyard or home. If you aren’t willing or able to go to the park or around your neighbourhood its not the right course for you.
Registration closes on the 6th.
Cost is $300 CAD